Frequently Asked Questions
We want to provide the best customer service and the most up to date information.
Step 1: Call WOW 509-892-2482 or 866-969-8351 and talk to an employee
Step 2: Give them the location address that needs service and they can determine if your location can connect to a local access point. (For businesses, apartment complexes and groups of cabins in rural areas, new access points can be created, if one does not already exist.)
Step 3: Decide on a package and schedule a home visit for a technician to install a radio mount on your home or business location.
WOW provides service to individual homes and businesses by connecting your location to a nearby access point. These access points are located on various towers, high locations and mountaintops throughout eastern Washington and Northern Idaho. The highest level of service comes from unobstructed direct sight of an access point.
WOW is a partner with Cambium Networks™ a world leader in high-speed, wireless Internet access. This wireless technology is the same technology that the US government uses in military and disaster recovery deployments. It is both secure and reliable. Because the signal is not WiFi, it does not succumb to interference from common consumer electronics and appliances.
The wireless technology WOW uses is very secure and private. Unlike analog telephone transmissions, digital Internet transmissions are much more difficult to intercept because of the complex cryptology associated with the technology. The encryption scrambles the data bits, preventing anyone from “listening" to the airwaves because the messages are encrypted.
Our customers are our best form of advertising. Many of our customers have been with us for over 10 years. If you are a customer and refer a friend or family member we want to thank you. Each time we successfully install service at a new customer location you referred to WOW, a $49.95 credit will be applied to your account. The savings are endless!
Our Technical Team will ask if you have done these basic trouble-shooting things when they first talk to you. If you are still experiencing technical difficulties after doing these 4 things, please call 509-892-2482. Our technical support department is available 24/7. If you call after regular business hours, please leave a message in the tech support voicemail box with your phone number clearly given and brief information on what your concern is. A technician will call you back. Visit our Tech Support page for more information as well.
1. Check Other Websites: Make sure the issue is the Internet connection and not an issue with opening a specific website. Go to other websites you don't normally visit and try to open them.
2. Reboot Your Computer: Go to the Start menu and choose shut down. Turn your computer off completely, wait for 30 seconds and turn the computer back on.
3. Make Sure Power is Being Supplied to the Installed Equipment: A flat black cable about 4 inches long will be either connected directly into the back of your computer or into your router. From that point there will be a small junction connected to a skinny black cable continuing to a larger square black base plugged into a nearby outlet. This POE (Power Over Ethernet) cable supplies power to the WOW equipment outside. If there is a power outage at your home or business, or the POE has been unplugged, you will lose your Internet connection. Make sure the POE is securely plugged into the designated outlet. A green/yellow light should be glowing which indicates it has power.
4. Power Cycle Your Router and POE (Power Over Ethernet): Leave your computer turned on. Locate your router and POE and unplug them from their power sources. Wait for 30 seconds then plug the POE back into the outlet. Wait for 1 to 2 minutes then plug the Router back into the outlet. If you do not have a router then follow the above directions for the POE only, then attempt to get online. If you have experienced a power outage…you need to restart your router and make sure it is reconnected to the power.
Cybersecurity is an important part of both our homes and business environment. Ransomware is the latest malware that is affecting people throughout the world and will attack a computer through the Internet connection. Ransomware locks your computer in a way that without the specialized encryption key will never be unlocked. Thieves lock your computer and then ask for money for the key. Some ransoms that are paid, receive the key to unlock the computer, others do not.
If you have personal pictures, valuable records or business documents only on your computer, this presents a real personal or business dilemma. The solution is to be prepared. Back-up your computer and devices. There are many cloud solutions available for backing up both business and personal computers. We recommend Carbonite as a great simple, cost effective solution for regular backup that will give you peace of mind. WOW will help integrate this computer backup solution with your home Internet and Phone service.
- Install all software and operating system updates and patches.
- Regularly back up your computer’s data.
- Be aware of the people that use your Internet connection, including giving access to teenagers and their friends (If they have a virus on their device, they can infect all of your devices.)
- Periodically run anti-virus software. Think of it as cleaning up your work space. Every few weeks its essential to keep things running smoothly.